Best Home Services Yearly Suggested Program
Gutter cleaning is one of the most important home maintenance services needed and it is often overlooked until gutters are overflowing and possibly causing damage. Preventative maintenance is the most efficient way to prolong the life of your gutters, roof, windows and siding.
Gutter cleaning and free evaluation consists of the following:
• Cleaning all debris from gutters, downspouts, and all accessible roof areas
• Making sure the downspouts are draining properly
• Cleaning up all gutter related debris off the ground
• Evaluating your gutter system to record the condition of your gutters as well as identifying any problem areas in order to suggest corrective action if necessary
Upon completion of our service, we will leave a tag on your door and within a few days we will mail you an invoice. Most Gutter Guys' gutter cleaning jobs fall within the range of $90.00 to $340.00 USD depending on a number of variables: size of the home, height of the house, roof slope, and the landscaping around the house.
Here is our recommended annual gutter cleaning schedule. Please keep in mind your home may need more frequent service and that modifications to timing are made each year due to changing weather patterns:
1. Late spring (late May through end of June): to rid your gutters of accumulated winter debris. This includes tree foliage which is blown off the trees along with blossoms and pollen strings which clog your gutters providing a perfect breeding ground for mosquito larva.
2. Mid to late summer (August through mid-September): despite the fact that most leaves are firmly attached to the trees, some still come down and end up in the gutters.Thunderstorms, strong winds and drought, all contribute to large accumulations of leaves, sticks and debris in gutters during this time.
3. Early fall (late October through mid-November): at this time of year, leaves quickly accumulate in your gutters. Their sheer volume requires the gutters to be cleaned.
4. Late fall (late November through the end of January): when most leaves are off the trees. This gutter cleaning is a balancing act of waiting for most leaves to be off the trees but not waiting too long so that all gutters freeze with the leaves in them.